Thursday, July 8, 2010

San Cristobal Hike and Empanadas Todo!

Hello! So today after class, a bunch of us decided to go on a hike at a local mountain called San Cristobal. A distance of 6km or 3.8 miles, eeek...It was accomplished =). But I advised to not do it in thermals and chucks! My feet and knees were killing me, nonetheless, I feel accomplished. Below are some pics on the journey up this trail!

Bottom: Small shops before the trek up!

VYVY and J. MAI

View from 1km.

Continuing on the journey...

Can see the Andes!

A trail we decided to take to catch up to the rest of the group! It proved to be worth it as we went from being the last to being to the first at the top!

The Virgin Mary at the Summit! A Catholic and religious feel at the top as there is a Church, Statues of Jesus, and an open stage for holding processions.

More small stores near the trolley station.

The Trolley station, at which we decided to ride down the mountain at 900 pesos!

I feel so accomplished after that hike! Afterwards, we went to Empenadas Todos, down on Bella Vista to feed our hunger. I got myself a Palmito, which consisted of corn and cheese, and a Salque, which was Salmon and cheese! SOOOO GOOODD!!!!

Darryl "Dee-Rell" Torculas


1 comment:

vypie said...

you need to make posts with more good pictures like this! (: